Drawstring Design LLC
Last modified: September 14, 2016
What We Collect
We collect a range of information from and about Website users.
Information You Give Us. We may collect your name, postal address, billing address, e-mail address, telephone number, username, password, payment information, and any other information you directly give Us (“personal information”) on the Website or in correspondences between you and the Company, which include creating an account on the Website, posting materials on the Website, or reporting a problem with the Website or with Our services. (Note that We use “include” and “including” with the less than all-inclusive meanings commonly attributed to “including without limitation” and “including but not limited to.”)
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically collect certain statistical data, such as your operating system, IP address, browser type, communication data, the site you visited before browsing to the Website, the pages you viewed while browsing the Website, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on the Website, and other statistical information collected using web beacons and other technologies.
Cookies. We may collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on the Website. This type of information is collected to make the Website more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser, but if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website.
Although no personal information is collected automatically or through cookies, We may maintain or associate such data with personal information, which helps Us improve the Website, optimize the user experience, and personalize the experience and services offered by the Website.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, We cannot control the actions of other Website users with whom you may share your User Contributions. Therefore, We cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website or on or through any of the Website’s features, or register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website, or provide any information about yourself to Us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use, in any way. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact Us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use Of Personal Information
We use your personal information as follows:
· To operate, maintain, and improve the Website, products, and services.
· To send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, changes, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
· To communicate promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Us and our selected partners
· To link or combine user information with other personal information.
· To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
· To provide and deliver products and services customers request.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information.
· For any other purpose, with your consent.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share aggregated or anonymized data, such as statistical data and other information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may share personal information as follows:
· With your consent. For example, you may let Us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
· With those who need it to do work for or with Us, including Our employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, service provides, and other parties used to support Our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential.
· When We do a business transaction, or negotiate a business transaction, or with a buyer or other successor in the event of sale or transfer of all or part of the Company’s business or assets. These deals or events also include a merger, divestiture, financing, restricting, reorganization, dissolution, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information. For example, if you use the “Email a Friend” feature of Our Website, We will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipient(s).
· For any other disclosed purpose.
Choices About Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide, and have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote Our own products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which We collect your data (the registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending Us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If We have sent you a promotional email, you may send Us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transaction, or to automatically collected information.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
ou can review and change your personal information by contacting Us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to Us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if We believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding Our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of Our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website, such as message boards. Any Website user may view the information you share in public areas of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although We take reasonable protective measures to secure your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.