Issue 10 OPEN CALL
We are excited to announce our OPEN CALL for Issue 10 of Maake Magazine, curated by Nickola Pottinger.
Artists making work in all media are encouraged to apply. There are no restrictions. Applicants can be based anywhere in the world. Applications will be accepted via Submittable.
DEADLINE: July 11th, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
Stay tuned for details about upcoming open calls by signing up for our mailing list.
Nickola Pottinger is an artist and curator living and working in Brooklyn, New York. She recently joined the artist run gallery, Ortega Y Gasset Projects. As a co-director. Nickola was a nominee for the Rema Hort Mann emerging Artist Grant in 2018. Her work has been exhibited at Mild Climate in Nashville TN, Far X Wide, Deli Gallery, Ortega Y Gasset Projects, Industry City, and Jack Shainman Gallery in New York. Pottinger received her BFA from the Cooper Union. Nickola’s work has been written about in Hyperallergic and the Epoch Times.
Published Artists receive the following:
• Work featured in printed Issue (two full pages)
• One complimentary copy of Maake Magazine printed issue (US Only)
• Feature posted on Maake's social media outlets, website and blog
• Artist Interview and accompanying gallery of work posted on our website
• Future consideration for upcoming exhibitions and projects
Eligibility & Terms:
• Artists may submit up to 6 works
• Artists working in all media are welcome to apply
• Artists working anywhere in the world are welcome to apply
• Artists must be 18 years old or older to apply
Submission Fee $20
• 6 high quality images of work
• Short statement
• Short bio
• Social Media info
Selected artists will be asked for high-resolution images suitable for the printed magazine. Artists selected by the curator will receive a 2-page spread including a brief statement, website URL, and 1–4 images in print, and up to 8 images online on our website.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org