The Issue 9 Open Call, curated by Hein Koh has closed.
Artists will be notified of the results via email in early April 2019.
Upcoming Open Calls:
Curated by Nickola Pottinger
Deadline: July 11th, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
Stay tuned for details about upcoming open calls by signing up for our mailing list.
Published Artists receive the following:
• Work featured in printed Issue (two full pages)
• One complimentary copy of Maake Magazine printed issue (US Only)
• Feature posted on Maake's social media outlets, website and blog
• Artist Interview and accompanying gallery of work posted on our website
• Future consideration for upcoming exhibitions and projects
Eligibility & Terms:
• Artists may submit up to 6 works.
• Artists working in all media are welcome to apply.
• Artists working anywhere in the world are welcome to apply.
• Artists must be 18 years old or older to apply.
Submission Fee $20
• 6 images of work
• Short statement
• Short bio
• Social Media info
Selected artists will be asked for high-resolution images suitable for the printed magazine. Artists selected by the curator will receive a 2-page spread including a brief statement, website URL, and 1–4 images in print, and up to 8 images online, on our website.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org